[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Epoxy Gas Tank Repair - Better than Kreem

Epoxy Gas Tank Repair - Better than Kreem

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Epoxy Gas Tank Repair - Better than Kreem

Postby Tab » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:05 pm

Wow...I have just saved a tank that was in such bad shape, it was going to the trash heap. I used a product from

This stuff worked great! It is clear and thick! You mix the two parts of epoxy together...pour it in, swish it around then dump it out. I had so much left over, I did two more tanks.

This was the Magnum I picked up from Bryan (mountainmoped.) He said the bike would run, but the tank was eaten up with rust. I brought it home, filled it with molasses and water, then let it sit for a week. After that, I hit it with phosphoric acid, then Ospho metal prep. But...it started leaking from several pinholes that had formed near the front of the tank. I was about to toss it when I found this stuff. It fills small holes (and large ones if you're not careful.) It is clear and it's about 1/8 thick. It adds weight and structural integrety to the tank. See for yourself! This stuff is so much stronger than Kreem and is very resistant to gas and chemicals. It mixes together and is about the consistancy of gravy.

The inside of the tank looks bumpy. That's how much metal was gone due to rust. The clear coating is pretty smooth although the pictures pixelized on me causing some bad artifacts. The tank looks brand new and doesn't leak!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tab
Master Regional Rider

re: Epoxy Gas Tank Repair - Better than Kreem

Postby Dano » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:19 pm

yes Tab the stuff work ok ,i used the stuff for a couple years tractor tanks and moped , they did have a no mix one also that i used on ped. they have some other neat things too. Dano
Dano
Net Rider

Postby Tab » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:34 pm

Yes, they have some great stuff.

I never was happy with Kreem. It was very sloppy and required a lot of prep work. This stuff works better on rust. I'm sold!!
Tab
Master Regional Rider

Postby pcz8834 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:36 am

hi tab , in the UK I can,t seem to find "creame" ,,,or at least not by that name.

there is a product over here ,,although getting harder to find! called "petseal" ,,

it does what is says , seals pin holes , and seals fuel tanks, and stops the rust dropping into fuel.

better to do it in a couple of do,s ,, when u mix it , it is a reddish color.

if you know of a pinhole , you just slow down the tilting of tthe tank ,

therefore adding a thicker coat ,,

the way i have done classic bike tanks before is to simply put some gravel in the tank and shake it vigourously ,,,then remove the gravel , and wash out,

I pay about £12.00 ,,,which is about 21.5380 USD , so a currancy converter tells me,

alan
pcz8834
Net Rider

Postby Tab » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:28 am

One more thing...the setup time on this stuff is great. You can work it for about 20 to 30 minutes before it begins to thicken. Even after that, it is still pliable enough to smooth itself out over the next few hours. If you spill some on the paint, it wipes off pretty clean...unlike Kreem, which is like paint.
Tab
Master Regional Rider

Postby wz » Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:33 am

Nice job on the outside of the tank too, Tab. Looks great.
wz
Net Rider

Postby Tab » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:11 am

Thanks! It's all metal-to-metal body filler and dupli-color paint, then lots of clear. The decals are vinyl-cut duplicates from originals.
Tab
Master Regional Rider

Postby wz » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:18 am

Tab, if you were to put that bike on ebay, what do you think it would sell for (ballpark minus shipping).

Thanks and great job!

wz
2000 TTLX w/ Kit
2004 RCM70-GL
"One is too many and a thousand is never enough"

wz
Net Rider

Postby Tab » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:24 am

I don't know...it's not finished and it has a glitch in the transmission. It shifts, but slips too much going into 2nd, then doesn't release soon enough for a downshift. I am sending it off to Chris at mwh for a clutch job... But the rest of the bike is great. I could probably pull $450 out of it as is. But...I'm doing this one for me.
Tab
Master Regional Rider

Postby Wacky Jacky » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:59 pm

That's pretty cool. Glad you posted it. I need to do the gas tank on my car...think I might go with this stuff.
Grime-encrusted '78 JCPenney Pinto OMG WTF!!! Image
Wacky Jacky
Regional Rider

Postby Tab » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:09 pm

Tab
Master Regional Rider

Postby mountainmoped » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:12 pm

Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider