Moped Riders Association Forum Index Moped Riders Association
Official Online Home of the IAAMR
  International Association for the Advancement of Moped Riders
  FAQFAQ    RulesRules    SearchSearch    LinksLinks   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    MemberlistMemberlist    Private MessagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  Moped ForumsMoped Forums  Moped RepairMoped Repair  MRA StoreMRA Store  CalendarCalendar   

Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moped Riders Association Forum Index -> Moped Riders
Go to Bottom   View previous topic :: View next topic  
tortoise
Net Rider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

JD
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

Farewell, Tomos. We hardly knew ye.
Ike
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

OK GUYS, I don`t know how true this is, but i do know there will be no 2013 Tomos mopeds. But, the warehouse is full right now. So, if you Tomos lovers are smart, you will order at least a half dozen new Tomos mopeds from me and keep them in the box for about 20 years and you will thank me. Of course, i won`t be here to to hear it, but i know you will be glad you did.
So contact me if you want a hellava deal on six or more new Tomos mopeds while they last

Thanks guys for 12 years of pleasant dealings with loyal customers.

Ike

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tortoise
Net Rider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

Ike wrote:
i do know there will be no 2013 Tomos mopeds

Do you happed to know if the Tomos 50cc and 150cc SCOOTERS will also be discontinued? As I understand it, they are produced by SYM China.
Ike
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

As long as you can buy a 150cc Scooter for hallf what A new Tomos moped costs, mopeds are doomed.
If Tomos would move their moped factory to China, they could cut the prices in half, and the quality would probably go up at the same time.

Until that happens, i guess I will just keep on restoring Windmills and playing Texas Holem.

Ike

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ike
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

I don`t think they suck at all. In fact i think they are the best mopeds ever made. Im just saying they cost too much compared to Scooters.
And think the Tomos Scooters are as good as any you can buy at any price.
I have one that i have been riding for five years and have never had even the slightest problem with it. It runs good as the day i got it . It now has near 6,000 miles. And it will run 60 mph all day with two people on it.

And me and two friends rode Tomos mopeds from Ohio to St Augutine Fla.
And that was riding 10 to 12 hours a day for 5 days running wide open 95 %of the time. All three of those bikes are still running fine.

No, Tomos mopeds do not suck, they just cost too much.

Ike

mopedlar
Regional Rider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

Ike, what does a 150cc Tomos scooter go for? I'm interested in one for myself.
Ike
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

Take your pick, Brand new Tomos ST moped or brand new Tomos Nitro 150, 1,399.00 delivered to your door.

Ike

JD
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

Ike wrote:
Take your pick, Brand new Tomos ST moped or brand new Tomos Nitro 150, 1,399.00 delivered to your door.

Ike

That pricing is shocking, and proves your point. Why would anyone not limited by lack of motorcycle endorsement ever get the ST?

jd

Ike
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

YES, and you can get that exact same scooter that doesn`t say Tomos on it for a lot less than that.

Ike

John
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

Choke on this price in Ontario Canada. 150 Nitro from dealer at $2695.00 CAD. None selling here and Tomos is disappearing gradually from the MC scene. Parts are scarce.

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
mopedlar
Regional Rider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

Ike, how much assembly is required upon receipt? How is parts support? Is there an owner's or service manual available? What colors does it come in? You can really get me one for $1,399 delivered to my house?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.

JD
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

John, it's lucky for you that you've got a "gray market" supplier who smuggles stuff over the border for you. Smile

jd

John
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

You bringing me something special i don't know off?

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
JD
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Tomos Mopeds Set To Close The Factory Reply with quote

John wrote:
You bringing me something special i don't know off?

Only by request. You need sumthin'?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moped Riders Association Forum Index -> Moped Riders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: