Moped Riders Association Forum Index Moped Riders Association
Official Online Home of the IAAMR
  International Association for the Advancement of Moped Riders
  FAQFAQ    RulesRules    SearchSearch    LinksLinks   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    MemberlistMemberlist    Private MessagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  Moped ForumsMoped Forums  Moped RepairMoped Repair  MRA StoreMRA Store  CalendarCalendar   

Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moped Riders Association Forum Index -> Moped Riders
Go to Bottom   View previous topic :: View next topic  
wardie
Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Hi Everybody, just wanted the MRA boys and girls to know that SlugO my SMR which made the Lake Erie Loop in 24 hours has gotten the call to be put on display January through the end of May at the Packard Museums "Motorcycles from Around the World". The Board of Directors head honcho Bruce Williams contacted me and asked if I would be interested in placing my SMR on display with the other bikes. I jumped at the chance. Recognition for the moped world and Tomos awesome! They asked a lot of questions about SlugO's race around Lake Erie. What modifications, preparations, team memebers etc. The moped will be on display just like the other exhibitors. My wife and I have been invited to a hotty-totty Wine and Cheese VIP and Media Party on the eve of the exhibit opening. I really think this is absolutely wonderful . Just wanted to share some good moped news! Wardie

Here's a link to this years exhibit http://www.packardmuseum.org/MotorcycleExhibit.aspx
Tab
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

VERY cool!!
JD
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

That's awesome, Wardie. I didn't even realize there was a Packard museum in Warren, Ohio. I'm not sure when I'll again be heading east along I-80, but I'll be sure to stop in when I do.

jd

wardie
Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Thanks guys I'll lket everyone know the actual date that I put SlugO into the museum. . The exhibit runs January 1st 2012 through May 31, 2012. Wardie
John
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Sluggo goes to school, not bad. Not many have had the opportunity to see Sluggo in action pulling its load but I have. A feat indeed. lol congratulations Wardie

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
wardie
Regional Rider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Now just because I stopped for coffee and donuts...now I hafta hear about the "load" LOL

Nothing better in the long haul than a Tomos!

I'd sure like to get back up there next season for a ride or maybe Ike will re-institute his Ike's Bikes Ride. That was a blast! I often wonder about guys like Don-O the real Mr. Streetmate and who was that young guy he was about 15 that had a Streetmate. That was years ago..cripes he's probably married by now and sold the Streetmate to a paperboy. Wardie
John
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Will let you know Wardie about next year. Too long into the future now though. Still have 4 bikes on the road but will start to decommission for the off season soon. Getting the snow blower out next week to make sure it is in running condition. lol

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
Link_Jr87
Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Wardie, the 15 yr old kids name was matt salyers(streetcruiser14 I think)... I haven't heard from him in a long time. Awesome about the Type-R's new demonstration! I'm glad its being properly used in all the glory it is worth. I haven't heard from don-o for a long time either.
wardie
Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Link 87 anything good come about with your job situation? Wardie
Link_Jr87
Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Oh yeah wardie! Emailed ya.
erie guy
Net Rider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Made a lazy Sunday trip to Packard Museum. Here are a couple shots of Wardie's Streetmate exhibit. Very cool, first thing you see, entering the museum. Great accomplishment Wardie. Also, lots of great old cars on display, as well as about two dozen antique/classic motorcycles.
[img]
[/img]

After making a decison, have no regrets.
wardie
Regional Rider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Erie Guy thanks for the shots. The rope on the throttle side is my speed control. Wrap it around the throttle and it holds it in place. Good unless it rains :)

I had a blast that night. I've heard the Tomos/Slugger display was one of the better ones. I received a really nice tall beer stein with some type of frosted engraving and I get to keep the placard which I will have a custom frame made for it.

Tomos I couldn't of asked for a more durable moped. 677 miles in 24 hours including a heavy storm that temporarily drowned Slugo. Squeezed the water from the air filter, swapped the plug and away we went. My only regret was not having John pay for the coffee and donuts ha,ha:)
John
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

Donuts, you were too busy chowing down on ham sandwiches! Don't know what that clear liquid was though! lol Then off into the sunset.

wardie
Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: re: Tomos Streetmate R goes into the museum Reply with quote

water John strickly water! Had to hydrate ya know Wardie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moped Riders Association Forum Index -> Moped Riders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: