Moped Riders Association Forum Index Moped Riders Association
Official Online Home of the IAAMR
  International Association for the Advancement of Moped Riders
  FAQFAQ    RulesRules    SearchSearch    LinksLinks   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    MemberlistMemberlist    Private MessagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  Moped ForumsMoped Forums  Moped RepairMoped Repair  MRA StoreMRA Store  CalendarCalendar   

peugeot 103 ignition swap out help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moped Riders Association Forum Index -> Moped Riders
Go to Bottom   View previous topic :: View next topic  
duck2
Net Rider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: peugeot 103 ignition swap out help needed Reply with quote

I'm working on a 103 and need some advice.

I managed to shear off the flywheel side crank trying to power start the moped. Something was wrong where my pedals would turn the starter clutch, it would try to grab but slip.. the flywheel side wouldn't move.. I could move it with a wrench but not well enough to see if I had spark.. so I tried to use a impact to spin the motor and as soon as it started to move... I saw spark but the damn crank sheard off.

UGH....

Well I managed to dig around and find another bottom end.. but it is different. the other bottom end I have is a 5 startor ignition (which I remember as being better) However the bike originally has a 2 stator ignition and it wired for it. Has anyone ever made the swap. I've looked at both diagrams and I am confused which wires from the motor should splice into what wires on the actual moped. If someone could or already has broken it down by color wires please shoot me a link or a reply.

I am about to give up one this damn bike.. I was sooo close to having it done I am kind of discouraged to say the least right now.

I've put alot into this ped so far, new 15.15 dellorto relined the tank.. new exhaust, new polini shorty intake and reeds, new tires, ported polished and shaved the head, new cables... the list goes on.. I was sooo close... this is a MAJOR setback.

duck2
Net Rider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: re: peugeot 103 ignition swap out help needed Reply with quote

I was thinking a 102 or tsm with the 5 stator ignition might be the same but they are not..

Does anyone have an updated 103 manual or wire diagram? 1980's up.
Both of our hosted manuals are for the older style novi ignitions.

duck2
Net Rider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: re: peugeot 103 ignition swap out help needed Reply with quote

motobecane CDI from treats for 75 bux.. anyone?
duck2
Net Rider

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: re: peugeot 103 ignition swap out help needed Reply with quote

Here is What I came up with.. hope it helps someone in the future.

Bigger easier to read link :

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n120/donaltman3/moped%20crap/DucksPeugeotWireHarness-2.jpg

Last edited by duck2 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
duck2
Net Rider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: re: peugeot 103 ignition swap out help needed Reply with quote

This is how it actually ties into the old harness

5coilignition.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  136.04 KB
 Viewed:  2350 Time(s)

5coilignition.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moped Riders Association Forum Index -> Moped Riders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: