Moped Riders Association Forum Index Moped Riders Association
Official Online Home of the IAAMR
  International Association for the Advancement of Moped Riders
  FAQFAQ    RulesRules    SearchSearch    LinksLinks   RegisterRegister 
  ProfileProfile    MemberlistMemberlist    Private MessagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  Moped ForumsMoped Forums  Moped RepairMoped Repair  MRA StoreMRA Store  CalendarCalendar   

92 Tomos A35 Sprint Stalls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moped Riders Association Forum Index -> Moped Riders
Go to Bottom   View previous topic :: View next topic  
tzc123
Net Rider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: 92 Tomos A35 Sprint Stalls. Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Been reading forum for awhile and can not seem to find answer to prob...
I have been slowly restore my old tomos, ( was parked for 10 years..)
New carb, acid dipped tank and air filter, new fuel valve assembly in tank, new plug....
Bike runs great. Gets up to 30mph+.
When engine gets warm and at idle it stalls when ever I accelerate. Sometimes if I feather the throttle i can keep it running.
After it stalls if I engage the choke it starts strong and still dies..
I will do a plug chop tomorrow. I can not work on it when my wife is home...
Any ideas?
Thank you..
Texas Bill
Net Rider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: re: 92 Tomos A35 Sprint Stalls. Reply with quote

You might check to see if the fuel line is higher then the bottom of the gas tank, because it seems you aren't getting any gas to the carb and it is stalling out. Bill
John
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: re: 92 Tomos A35 Sprint Stalls. Reply with quote

Filter in line?May have crap from tank still. Kinks or loops in fuel line? Check the bango fitting where the carb internal secondary filter fitting is. How is the flow from the petcock?

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
JD
Master Regional Rider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: re: 92 Tomos A35 Sprint Stalls. Reply with quote

Next time it starts to falter, try removing the fuel tank cap to see if it makes a difference. It needs to vent, and if your fuel-tank repairs clogged the vent, the fuel can't flow well.

It happened to my old Cimatti after I resealed the tank. I had to drill a tiny hole in the center of the fuel tank cap and it eliminated the problem.

jdl

tzc123
Net Rider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: re: 92 Tomos A35 Sprint Stalls. Reply with quote

Thank you, will try when I get home from work....
That and I still have to do a plug chop...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Moped Riders Association Forum Index -> Moped Riders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: