[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4795: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Moped Riders Association • View topic - Kinetic TFR Owners: Survey

Kinetic TFR Owners: Survey

General discussion forum for repairing and riding mopeds

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Kinetic TFR Owners: Survey

Postby Smitty » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:00 am

If you presently own a Kinetic TFR USA model, this is your chance to critique the Moped. Please state the "pros and cons" of the TFR, your likes / dislikes, its strong points, and weaknesses, etc. that you as a TFR owner have found.
This thread is not about the place or person you acquired the bike from, only a summary of the Moped itself.

Please tell us what you like the most about the TFR, what you would like to see improved on it, and what after-market or high-performance parts you may have found, or are looking for.
Smitty
Master Regional Rider

re: Kinetic TFR Owners: Survey

Postby steamboat » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:20 am

Hey Smitty, I bought 2 of them at the special price of $399 delivered and was was pleasently surprised at the overall quality of the bikes. They started right up and purred like a kitten. I can't ride a 2 wheeler but using my Jialing trike,I followed my brother on the TFR. He weighs about 160 so weight was not a problem but the TFR was slow off the line(1 speed) compared to my Trike (3speed, 4-stroke). His top speed was about 28/29 MPH on level ground. I consider the Tfr an entry level bike but everyone must start somewhere.I'm not sure about performance parts but there a ton of TFRs out there. I sold both bikes which was my intention when I bought them. I was so impressed I considered opening a Kinetic sales and repair shop but changed my mind when I ran the numbers on overhead costs including hired help. I think Cosmo has a good reputation and their website indicates the carry mopeds, scooters, atvs etc.
If you are considering carrying the Kinetic line, I suggest you wait until the 2-stroke pollution controversy is over.IMHO. Jim.
steamboat

Postby Antique_GZR » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:40 am

Antique_GZR
Net Rider

Postby steamboat » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:24 am

Hey Gzr, I think most dealers keep an eye om MRA and MA to find out the latest trends. I would if I was in the business. Jim.
steamboat

Postby Glasseye » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:42 am

I spent months searching for a used moped in Seattle last year to no avail. Finally, someone offered a barely used 2003 TFR (59 miles) to me for $400. Having no moped at all, I snatched it.

When I first got the bike it was abominably slow. Maybe 28mph on flat ground, and it really sucked on all of the hills we've got around here. I quickly decided I needed to speed it up.

One 70cc kit, performance exhaust, air filter, and larger carb later and it's like I have a whole new bike. :D

The new TFR-USAs are *much* better bikes than my TFR was unmodified. They can go 30-33, and fare much better on hills.
Glasseye
Net Rider

Postby arthurx » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:31 pm

arthurx
Regional Rider

Postby arthurx » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:35 pm

arthurx
Regional Rider

Postby arthurx » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:38 pm

Sorry, I forgot to post the link:

arthurx
Regional Rider

Postby Cyberian » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:19 pm

Cyberian

Re: re: Kinetic TFR Owners: Survey

Postby Cyberian » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:41 pm

Cyberian

Postby arthurx » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:33 am

arthurx
Regional Rider

Re: re: Kinetic TFR Owners: Survey

Postby Smitty » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:51 am

Smitty
Master Regional Rider

Postby Glasseye » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:17 am

When I bought my bike it was missing a pedal. I epoxied in a bike pedal, but it kept falling out due to excess clearance (the pedal was grinding away the epoxy over time). Eventually I ordered a new arm and pedal from cosmo, and they've been fine ever since.
Glasseye
Net Rider

Next

Return to Moped Riders