Fifth Annual "Stem of the Cherry" Ride Completed!

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Fifth Annual "Stem of the Cherry" Ride Completed!

Postby JD » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:19 pm

The Fifth Annual "Stem of the Cherry" Ride is now behind us, and has become a full-fledged scooter and small motorcycle ride. Not one moped was among us this year!

The riding was, as usual, beautiful and the food and the laughs were plentiful. The Pine Cone sold lots of ice cream cones to the gang.

Stalwarts Chris & Jeff showed up as always, Chris with her 250cc Big Ruckus (AKA, the "Rolling Lawn Chair") and Jeff sporting his recently-acquired Genuine Buddy 125 in sporty tangerine.

MopedLar (ScooterLar?) and Kim hauled in their Honda Elite 80's from New Jersey. The little Hondas ran like champs in the hilly terrain.

Ed got himself a beautiful 1975 Honda CB125 so he could climb those pesky Leelanau County hills more easily. He cruised with nary a downshift.

Lisa and I rode our two Genuine Buddy 125 scoots. Lisa LOVES her Buddy!

Wardie got double-crossed by his boss at the last minute and couldn't join us. He was planning to bring Sluggo, which would have represented the moped side of things. We're counting on him next year, though.

John had a heart attack a few days before the ride, which kept him and Rena away. Fortunately, John is on the mend and they promise to join us next year.

A few pics attached.

jd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

re: Fifth Annual "Stem of the Cherry" Ride Complet

Postby mopedlar » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:31 am

Kim and I had an awesome time. JD and Lisa are fabulous hosts. This was our first SOTC ride and will most definitely not be our last. The best part of the week was hanging out with everyone and shooting the breeze.

Thanks for a wonderful time!
MoPedLar
mopedlar
Regional Rider

Postby JD » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:52 pm

A few more pics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby mountainmoped » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:35 am

I'm sorry we missed it. We hope to make it next summer. I spent the weekend shoveling gravel. We have the NC property in good shape and the "guest" house in place if anybody wants to ride the Parkway or the Dragon. Jeanie shot a 4 foot rattle snake last Wednesday and a 3 and 1/2 foot one Friday not 3 feet from the first one was shot.
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Postby John » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:10 am

Make me a belt Brian! Now I see why you all carry down there.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby mountainmoped » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:02 pm

How was the weather for the ride? I hope it was cooler than last year.
Bryan
mountainmoped
Master Regional Rider

Postby JD » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Temperature was perfect. We did the short ride on Day 1 because it was partly cloudy and we wanted to save the Mission Peninsula ride for a sunny day. Day 2 was supposed to be our boating day, but rain threatened with the possibility of lightening, so we all went our separate ways and enjoyed various distractions in the area (Larry, Kim, Lisa and I went to Charlevoix for the day.) Day 3 was absolutely perfect for the Mission Peninsula ride. The temperature was such that riding at speed in the shade was better with a light jacket, while sitting in the sun during lunch required removing it. Could not have been better. And nice cool nights for sleeping, too.

Only thing that could have made it better would have been if you, Jeannie, John, Rena and Wardie had been with us. Based on this year's ride, we will almost certainly schedule a sixth one.

jd
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby wardie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:40 am

God willing I'll be retireed next year and can do what I want, when I want :) No more bossess except the Missus!
wardie
Regional Rider

Postby John » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:39 pm

SWMBO.....
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Return to Scooter Riders