Caledonia Circuit

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Caledonia Circuit

Postby John » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:31 pm

The Caledonia Circuit is about to begin! Niagara ride-about this weekend.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

re: Caledonia Circuit

Postby John » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:18 pm

165 miles today, what will tomorrow bring? One small downpour but was a great day of riding and lots of sites around Niagara. Even a 1920's Merry-Go Round ride at 5 cents a person.
John

"Plan your life like you will live forever, and live your life like you will die the next day!"
John
Master Regional Rider

Postby JD » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:28 pm

And John got a bee in his bonnet.
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby John » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Another 100 miles today along Lake Erie shore. Weather held, great time
John

John
Master Regional Rider

Postby JD » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Heartfelt "Thanks!" to John & Rena for hosting two great rides!

You'd think the other ride highlights would be "swamped" by Niagara Falls, but the rides were scenic and fun from beginning to end: Port Dalhousie, Niagara by the Lake, the scenic Niagara Parkway, the Lake Erie coast (although it looked a lot better than it smelled), and Port Dover.

And who wudda thought that our base of operations, Caledonia, would be so cute and provide such great culinary providers?

The only thing missing was the "heaving mass of humanity" that we were promised we'd see in Niagara by the Lake. We relieved our disappointment with ice cream.

jd & Lisa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...Operating with impunity in the legal gray area between bicycles and motorcycles....
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby JD » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:39 pm

More Caledonia Circuit pics....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JD
Master Regional Rider

Postby tomos03 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Two heartfelt "Thanks!" to John & Rena for hosting two great rides! We had a great time. I will write more tomorrow as we just got home an hour ago. Got going at 1:20pm and got home at 10:20pm. It took 1hr 15min at the boarder. Just missed getting the rubber glove treatment. Jeff
tomos03
Net Rider

Postby John » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:07 am

Border guards can never be too careful letting some people back into their own country! You hit at the worst time for border crossing in the afternoon. Morning travel if jumping the ditch. Glad you made it safely though.
I'll be crossing at about 7am Friday so don't expect to much of a delay. Besides I will not have exploding golf clubs. lol
John

John
Master Regional Rider

Postby wardie » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Dang nabbit John...I could've brought Slugo up north...maybe that little 49.5cc Tomos weedwacker might not get enough speed to keep up with you guys on those scooters!

Shoot me a pm the next time you host a ride. I'd sure like to spend more than 30 minutes in Canada relaxing the next time I jump the border! :) Wardie
wardie
Regional Rider

Postby John » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:24 am

Will do, 150 was the smallest on the ride. Moving this to the scooter section!
John

John
Master Regional Rider

Postby JD » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:53 am

Actually, the two Buddies are only 125cc. But those little engines push these bikes to as fast as I want to go on 10" wheels. LOL!
JD
Master Regional Rider

Return to Scooter Riders