Dayang Dy 50 Qt HELP!!!!

A place within the MRA for scooter enthusiasts to exchange information.

Moderators: ItsLookingUp, pehuskey, Tab, mountainmoped, JD, John

Dayang Dy 50 Qt HELP!!!!

Postby shippo » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Been a long time since i posted anything Riders. I normally a Puch man,and know PUCHS very well. My friend brought over his moms Dayang and wanted me to look at it said it was making a slight noise in rear drive. I notice the the rear wheel had allot of play in it. I took it home and finally got time to mess with it. I have a Vino 125 and love it. I thought well it's either gonna be bearing problem or belt problems! i know these CHI-COM scooters are know to have belt problems. well I checked the rear tire, it was loose. Well i assumed that was the problem. Not good if the rear axle nut comes off! i took the rear wheel off an inspected the breaks bearings all seemed ok!

I thought I would check the belt, start taking off the belt cover and took the kick starter off and snap ring and bushing on the kick starter. took off all the bolts and tap on the cover and it wouldn't budge. So I said screw it and reassemble it. I don't have any shop manual for it. i assumed it would be close to whats on my Vino. put the snapring back on and it was a bit loose.
Put the kickstarter lever back on. And thought i would fire it up and take it for ride to see if the tightening of the rear nut would fix the problem.
well when i tried to start it the kickstarter did 180 and sounded like the isn't in time with starting gear or what it engages to start the motor.
it made a god awful rack it . i STOPPED it immediately.

I dont understand what i did wrong? I didn't remove the belt cover at all except loose it and removed the kickstarter lever off. that's it.

Any help would be great , don't know much about this type rear drive set up and i know Chinese scoots are known for belt problems, And where can i even get parts for this scooter? its a 2004 that all i know about it! can't or had even time to google for info on this scooter.

thanks Shippo
shippo
Net Rider

re: Dayang Dy 50 Qt HELP!!!!

Postby oilyhans » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:25 am

on many scooters you don't have to remove the k.start
it is all part of the side cover and will come off when you
remove the side cover most of them that i've removed you do not
take off the snap ring.
thats why the KS may have moved so far

oilyhans
Adly, TGB & TNG Scooters
MRP Racing Parts
Fulmer Helmets
Kelly Blue Book Contributor on Scooter prices
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/
http://whidbeyislandmoped.com/cart
oilyhans
Net Rider

Postby shippo » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:09 am

K thanks. well since its making that god awful noise. do I have to pop the cover to see if i can get it line up? Don't know much about scooters. Normally I just mess with Peds! thanks for your help...
shippo
Net Rider

Postby maddog » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:00 pm

the air filter bolts may go through the trans cover take them off.
Some people dream about speed! blink and im gone!
maddog
Net Rider

Postby shippo » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:13 pm

Got the belt off , after using a impact wrench to get the front pulley off. Inside of the case was filled with tons of rubber. the belt was worn on the sides. Ok next question the belt is a powerlink 669 18.1 gates belt. where can i get one? it seems these Chinese scooters, have prone to belt problems.
i called a scooter shop thats about 80 miles from me .Since I live in the sticks
the lady told me they have belts up to 60$ for it. Its not my scoot so i told my friends mother the problem of the belt issues. she said would a more expensive belt fix the problem. I told her its the quality of the machine that is the issue not the belt. would it be worth spending more or just slap a cheap one on it and ride it 1000 miles and change it again? any suggestions would be great. Only dealers around my area deal in atvs, nearest scooter dealer is St. Louis Mo. And a 80 mile trip for me.

thanks ..
shippo
Net Rider

Return to Scooter Riders