||Moped Riders Association
Official Online Home of the IAAMR
International Association for the Advancement of Moped Riders
|Rules (13 Oct 2005)
Moped Riders Association
The MRA was created to promote mopeders right to ride and increase the opportunities for mopeders to meet, ride and enjoy their mopeds.
Guest - A person who has read only rights to the forum.
Net Rider (NR) - A moped enthusiast who has registered on the forum and is in good standing but has not attended a sanctioned ride.
Rider (R) - A moped enthusiast who has registered, is in good standing and has completed a sanctioned ride.
Distinguished Rider (DR) - A moped enthusiast who has provided distinguished service to the moped community. Any RR may nominate an enthusiast. A poll will then be conducted among the RR's.
Regional Rider (RR) - A Rider or Distinguished Rider who has attended a sanctioned ride, requested membership, completed the ride, and been elected by a simple majority of the RR's present.
Master Regional Rider (MRR) - A Regional Rider who has completed 5 or more sanctioned rides, four of which were outside his home region.
These forums are moderated and are provided for members of the web moped community.
Abuse of posting privileges will not be tolerated.
Posts may be edited and/or deleted if they are not in the best interest of the moped community.
Profanity is not permitted. Politics and religion do not belong here.
MRA Definition of a Moped:
Traditional: 3 wheels or fewer with the engine mounted below and forward of the rider and which was originally manufactured with an engine displacement smaller than 50cc. (Solex and AMF are exempt and classified as mopeds)
This site recognizes that each state and nation has it's own statues as to what is classified as a "moped." For the purposes of this site, a moped is any vehicle which is recognized by the riders state/national laws to be a moped. <50 cc scooters are mopeds in most states and therefore within the MRA.
MRA 2006 Riding Season Sanctioned Ride Rules:
1. The ride must be sponsored and attended by a minimum of 1 Regional Rider or Distinguished Rider.
2. A minimum of 4 riders must participate.
3. The ride must be a minimum of 50 miles.
4. The ride must be announced on the Moped Riders forum a minimum of 45 days in advance.
5. A support vehicle is required if there are more than 10 riders for safety and to insure the ride keeps pace. (The support vehicle driver is given credit for the ride)
6. A host city will be allowed no more than two sanctioned rides during any riding season.
Powered by phpBB 2.0.22 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group